Public commitments drive our sustainability performance. Our sustainability strategy combines ambitious long-term objectives, annually revised targets and aspirational goals, carefully measured in the spirit of continuous improvement. In this blog series, Performance and New Targets, we’re recapping our annual achievements, sharing highlights of our progress, and affirming our targets for 2022 and beyond.
A collaborative, inclusive culture
Resolute is building a strong corporate culture that strives to attract, retain and engage a diverse workforce and allows natural leaders to grow. That’s why we’re fostering constructive labor management practices, and implementing leadership and human resources practices that contribute to a collaborative, inclusive culture.
How did we do in 2021?
Renewal and retention
- In 2021, we continued to build upon our leadership and human resources programs by:
- Implementing our international recruitment strategy;
- Developing our Emerging Talent Program; and
- Promoting our Employee Referral Program.
- We hired 1,490 new and permanent employees, recorded an involuntary turnover rate of 13.9% and completed 210 internal employee movements.
- We signed seven collective agreements covering 540 employees at our wood products facilities in Canada. In 2022, we anticipate renewing 20 collective agreements covering 1,160 employees at pulp and paper operations and 860 employees at wood products facilities.
Diversity, equity, inclusion (DE&I) and human rights
- In 2021, in keeping with our ongoing commitment to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, we fulfilled our commitment to train 100% of new employees on workplace respect and civility.
- Earlier this year, we established a DE&I steering committee and announced an initiative to increase women representation on our board of directors to 30% from 25% by 2024.
- In 2022, we are also committed to adopting a new human rights policy in accordance with international best practices and feedback from our stakeholders. The policy will complement our existing policies related to human rights.
Learn more about our workforce renewal and retention commitments, progress, 2022 targets and more on our website.
This blogpost may contain forward-looking statements. See section on “Cautionary Statements Regarding Forward-Looking Information” in our 2021 Annual Report on Form 10-K as well as in our reports on Form 10-Q and Form 8-K filed thereafter.