Resolute employees can be very proud of our world-class safety performance in 2018!
Here are some highlights:
- Our Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) incident rate was 0.46 – our best ever, and well below our annual target of 0.75 or less.
- Workplace injuries decreased by 32% (36 injuries in 2018, compared to 53 in 2017).
- Zero employees were injured in December.
- We recorded a severity rate of 15.7 – our lowest ever, and below our annual target of 19 or less.
- A record $355,000 was donated to charitable and community organizations chosen by our employees through our Board of Directors Safety Award Program.
Beyond these excellent company-wide results, several Resolute operations further distinguished themselves in 2018 by achieving impressive milestones of 1 million (or more) hours worked without a recordable injury.
2,000,000 hours injury-free: Maniwaki (Quebec)
1,500,000 hours injury-free: Alma (Quebec), Thunder Bay (Ontario) pulp and paper mill
1,250,000 hours injury-free: La Doré (Quebec)
1,000,000 hours injury-free: Menominee (Michigan), Resolute-LP – Saint-Prime (Quebec), Saint-Félicien (Quebec) pulp mill, Saint-Thomas (Quebec)
Resolute’s strong safety culture is supported by our company’s leadership and the individual responsibility of our employees. Our efforts have resulted in continuous improvement year over year, and established world-class standards at each of our facilities. Learn more about how we manage safety here.
Congratulations to all Resolute employees for an outstanding 2018! Your commitment to our shared value, ‘Work Safely’, helps us work towards our ultimate goal of zero injuries, zero incidents.