At the beginning of each year, Resolute sets business priorities for the 12 months ahead. Typically, the business priorities describe in broad terms the company’s areas of focus in order to increase earning power and create long-term value for shareholders.
For 2016, we have seven business priorities:
- Increase efficiencies by setting manufacturing cost targets and benchmarking performance at all operations.
- Manage production and inventory levels, taking into account market conditions.
- Pursue a sales strategy to produce only what our customers order.
- Identify and support disciplined capital investments at our most competitive facilities.
- Pursue opportunistic growth to complement our product mix or improve competitiveness of existing assets.
- Identify opportunities to develop and market value-added products.
- Take advantage of our Atlas Paper acquisition to accelerate the sale and distribution of Calhoun tissue production.
Check out Resolute’s combined 2015 Annual Report for more information on our business priorities and other interesting #RFPfacts.