Today, Resolute followed up on our December 2014 commitment to implement a new corporate sustainability reporting strategy – moving to a biannual online format that we believe will ensure up-to-date and easily accessible information for all stakeholders.
The new web pages provide detailed information on Resolute’s efforts to balance the three pillars of sustainability: environmental, social and economic. The section contains 2013-2014 sustainability performance data, fulfilling the requirements of the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 reporting guidelines. The GRI framework is considered the gold standard of balanced, transparent sustainability reporting, and Resolute is proud to be among the first in the forest products industry globally to meet the most recent reporting standards.
Previous GRI-compliant reports from 2010, 2011 and 2012 as well as the combined annual reports that contain significant sustainability information alongside our financial performance data are available on our website.
You will also find progress updates on Resolute’s public commitments, including the following impressive achievements:
- Maintaining 100% of managed forests certified to Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®), Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and/or CSA.
- Surpassing our industry-leading GHG emission reduction target ahead of schedule, reducing emissions by 70% over our year-2000 baseline.
- Reducing mill environmental incidents by 19% compared to the 2013 baseline.
- Maintaining close ties with 39 First Nations communities in Ontario and Quebec to harmonize our operating plans with their use of traditional lands and collaborate on the development of mutually acceptable management plans.
- Achieving an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) incident rate of 0.83, far below our 0.99 target for 2014 and demonstrating truly world-class safety performance.
At Resolute, we believe that sustainability helps us build and enhance our competitiveness and long-term profitability. In fact, the relationship between sustainability and financial performance is reflected in our company’s vision, our corporate values and the way we do business every day. More information can be found at www.resolutefp.com/sustainability.