No Comments

How much of the boreal in Canada is harvested every year? Less than 0.5%

Harvested

That’s about the half the size of Connecticut (or about 6,000 square kilometers), but spread out over all of Canada.

In comparison, more than five times that area is disturbed annually by natural causes such as forest fires, insects and disease. Canada’s boreal forest is 100% regenerate, about 75% of the area harvested through forestry grows back naturally. And the other 25%? That grows back as a result of the prompt reforestation work done via seeding and tree planting.

Check out Resolute’s combined 2014 Annual Report for more information on harvesting sustainably in the Boreal and other interesting #RFPfacts.

Recent Posts

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Menu